The Georgian Construction Materials Cluster (GCMC) brings together small and medium-sized enterprises operating in the Georgian construction sector – one of the leading industries in the country.
Founded with the support of the EU-GIZ project – Clusters4Development (hereafter C4D), GCMC aims to contribute to quality enhancement and innovation to support its members in improving the quality of products, optimizing operational standards and upgrading skills.
GCMC provides local companies with access to digitalization, innovation and new technologies to boost productivity, streamline their management and processes and enhance quality and safety. Cluster member companies are selected based on specific criteria including local ownership, economic potential and the commitment to the production of innovative, energy-efficient, high-quality products, considering environmentally friendly and smart solutions.
The willingness of the member companies to collaborate with other industry players and stakeholders to create added value and achieve win-win results is one of the main strengths of the cluster. Focusing on innovation and quality, the cluster aims to promote the digitalization of manufacturing processes and the adaptation of smart technologies, as well as provide support for the implementation of quality management systems and strengthening collaboration with local and international laboratories.
In June 2020, 13 SMEs formed the cluster initiative group and GCMC was officially registered in December 2020.
Importance of the Cluster
- Mutual consent on quality and innovation standards across the industry
- More data exchange, benchmarking and best practice sharing
- Cross-industry collaboration along the value chain
- Innovation-friendly procurement
- Partnerships of small and medium-sized businesses with large companies
- Agglomeration of several companies to achieve scale
- Industry collaboration and increase of awareness
The vision of the GCMC is to promote, support and unite Georgian SMEs
manufacturing construction materials to:
- Be innovative and develop high-tech and eco-friendly material
- Raise awareness in the local market
- Support legislative initiatives
- Support construction materials quality improvement
The mission of GCMC is to stimulate synergy by uniting small and medium-sized construction materials manufacturers, work to improve the legal environment, establish effective cooperation with sectoral associations.
GCMC promotes the improvement of production quality with the involvement of international and local experts to increase the awareness of Georgian construction material manufacturers and their share in the
Benefits of the Cluster
- Joint marketing & PR
- Increase of awareness within linked sectors
- Joint local strategy to increase the market share
- Support in trade promotion
- Access to new clients
- Increase productivity
- Access to knowledge and expertise
- Support in certification and standardization
- Support in enhancement of quality of production
- Support in implementation of EU social and environmental standards
- Support the improvement of legislative frame work
- Support sustainable innovations.